Ghosts and History of LoDo Tour
The city of Denver started with an influx of gold miners to the area. The city soon gathered a reputation for having some of the finest brothels in the United States. This area became the center for scandal, and now the ghosts of this area remind us of its rowdy past.
LoDo, as it is referred to by locals, is Denver’s Lower Downtown District. Known as the oldest part of the city, Its history combined and scandalous past await you. Union Station is the cornerstone of this area. Trendy nightclubs and shops, as well as some of the best restaurants in the city are the features of this tour. Coors Field, haunted hotels, and the former homes of some of the finest brothels in the American west are just a few of the things that you will see. Find yourself in marvel of the historical architecture, while you discover fashionable shops, restaurants, and clubs. Hipsters and Baby Boomers alike will appreciate the diverse energy of this area.
Fun Facts of Denver and famous residents are among the stories that you will hear.
This tour meets at at the northwest corner of 14th and Lawrence, at 1401 Lawrence Street, and ends on the 16th Street Mall, a few blocks from your starting spot. It is designed to allow you enjoy the some of the best shops and restaurants in the city of Denver. Our tour guides will give you easy instructions on how to get back to where you started. Starting time is 10:00 A.M.
Approximately 1.9 miles, Duration: 1 ½ to 2 Hours. Cost: $20.00
- Larimer Square, The Birthplace of Denver – Shops, Restaurants, and Coffee Shops
- 16th Street Mall
- Daniels and Fisher Clock Tower
- Union Station
- Haunted Oxford Hotel
- Historic Rockmount Ranch Wear – Favorite of Hollywood Celebrities and Movie Makers
- Market Street – Formerly Brothel Row
- Ophelia’s Electric Soapbox – Former Brothel
- Haunted Mattie Silk’s House of Mirrors – Formerly the Home to the Best Brothel in the City
- The Denver Real World House – MTV’s Real World Location
- Coors Field
- Lower Larimer Street – Shops, Restaurants, and Clubs
- Hop Alley – Formerly Denver’s Chinatown
- Sakura Square
- Denver City Cable Railway Building
- Tabor Center
- We will take a short break at Union Station
This Tour Tends To Sell Out, So Book Early. This is Especially True for the Month of October.